What is your destination? Where are you going? Where do you want your destination to be?
Progress is defined as a forward or onward movement toward a destination. No matter how great or minor your goal or destination, it takes progress to get there. Even the smallest steps help us to reach our goals. Each day we have a choice to move forward and make progress. Big leaps or small steps – we have a choice!
September is Healthy Aging Month
Most people have a desire to be healthy, get healthy, and remain healthy. We want to age slowly, stay young longer, and avoid stress and ailments that could impact our lives negatively. We are all aging – it is part of life and something none of us can avoid. So, here are some tips for healthy aging!
- Age is just a number – it does not need to define you. You don’t need to put yourself in a box and act or be a certain way based on your age. Stay positive and think positive and embrace your life.
- Surround yourself with postive people, speak and think positively. Stress or negative thinking can significantly affect the aging process!
- Walk vibrant, healthy, and stand up with confidence. Own the day.
- SMILE! Research shows people who smile more are happier.
- If you’re feeling lonely, take the steps to meet people or interact with people. Volunteer, call a friend, take a class, or invite someone to lunch.
- Find your inner artist. Paint a picture, color a coloring book, play an instrument. It’s never too late to learn something new.
- Be Still! Find time to just rest and just be. Settle your mind, and just be.